Friday 1 December 2006

Shepherd's Pie



As the immortal song goes 'SHEPHERD'S PIE...180 degres for 35 minutes' etc etc You know the score.


Well, I made shepherd's pie for the first time in a few years tonight and it reminded me of food I used to eat when I was a kid but I haven't seen around for ages. Do any of the following jog your memory?


'United' chocolate biscuits

Angel Delight

Mr Men yoghurts (Mr Upperty's chocolate was a personal favourite of mine)

Mini Kievs by Bernard Matthews


Call me a cynic, but Heinz's 'announcement' a couple of years ago that they were going to stop production of Salad Cream and the resultant 'public outcry' could be construed to be a under-handed method of increasing sales for an aging product. But...if you could see any childhood food brands released back onto supermarket shelves across England, sorry, Tescoland, which ones would they be?


Let me know, coz I know this guy who knows this chap who could...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would definately definately, without a doubt bring back lemonade dib dabs!!! Not many have heard of these rare sweets but I can assure you they're amazing. We all know and love the sherbet dib dabs (the one with the lolly) well they used to also do lemonade flavour, and its is my favourite thing in all the world and if anyone knows where i can find one please let me know. Also if the makers of dib dabs read this please make them again. I will advertise them very well i promise!!!

Will Ockenden said...

Do you remember those 'Monster' Yoghurts with feet and a monster face? They were great.

Jon Priestley said...

Yupp - I remember those Monster Yoghurts with the faces. Can't remember the name, though.

Also, how about Pez? Anyone remember Pez?